Thursday, April 03, 2008

reptured ear drum

Poor Kason. Will he ever get a break?
After i wrote my last post, i was getting Kason in the car to go home from work, when i noticed fluid coming from his right ear, it was light green milky and i knew that was not suppose to happen. So i get us home and call the doctors before they close. My doctor and her nurse were gone for the day, so i was able to talk to one of the other doctor's nurses. I explained everything, and she said she would talk to the doctor and call me right back. Well they did call me right back and told me his ear drum had reptured.
That explains all the screaming, high fevers, fussyness, lack of sleep, lack of eating etc.
The doctors at the E.R. said his ears looked just fine, but one of them had a bit of fluid behind it, because he is not able to pop his own ears, but that was it. nothing about it being red, or anything. makes me fusterated.
So we got him medican to help the fluid clear up quicker. I was thinking that when the drum reptured it was a big ol hole, but no its only like if i poked a needle into it. teeny tiny. so thats good. it will take 6-8 weeks for it to all heal up, but he shouldnt be sick for too much longer.
Actually since his ear drum reptured, he has stopped screaming, eating way better, sleeping way way better, playing, and mostly his fever is gone, lastnight it did go back up for a while. but he was just fine.
Logan and I are sure enjoying the cuddle time though with him. he is so lovey, cuddley, and its nice. we missed that when he was small. now it seems he just likes to be held sitting up, or on the floor rolling around and trying to crawl.
well anywho i better be going. hope everyone is having a good day.

No comments: