Thursday, May 21, 2009

Toddler must haves

Okay so i read blogs where they post their must haves for this kids.
Usually infants
Well i'm posting my must haves for my toddler.
Things i would not want to live without and things that make life that much better.Playtex sippy cups.
I buy them at Target in two packs for like 6 bucks
The basic ones, not the insulated one ( i really find no need for that kind) anywho these are great and durable. Kason is a rough kid and throws his cup a lot, they have no cracked leaked or anything. I love them. They are also super easy to keep clean. Backpack leash
Kason's a monkey. Buy them at Walmart for 10 bucks.
Now i know there is alot of contraversy about putting your child on a leash, but as my Grandma McGuire put it "I rather put a kid on a leash and know where they are then searching for the little one in a crowd." Kason is independent and when we are not using a stroller he wants to walk. With the pack back he has the independence and i have the reasurence that he is safe next to me and not being taken by some stranger.BEST THINGS EVER.
Snack cups. I get them at walmart for 5 dollars for 2!
They have a lid that allows the little one to get his hands in and grab the food, but then you can tilt the cup upside down and the food doesnt come out!!! Kason is a dumper so this is wonderful! i was going through so many ziplock baggies before i found these! The lid does not come off easy either. Kason has tried. Only one sucess so far and he used his teeth! so im still convinced these babies are amazing.Amazing.
You can get them at Walmart back by the baby stuff or i think you can get a bigger bottle for the same price up by the pharmacy (not 100% on that though) anywho they are all natural and they work instantly. I dont like orel jel and neither does our dentist. Now in the list of ingredients it says coffee. heads up people they are not putting a cup of coffee in your kids medican. its from the plant. its fine. nothing horriable about it. seriously. plus its for medisional porpuses anyways.
Crayon rolls.
You can google them and find out how to make them. SUPER EASY.
i have one for kason and we use it for church and LOVE it! it helps out so much! its awesome. And he loves to sit there and take the crayons in and out.
Kason loves Chalk.
It keeps him busy outside for a while.
He will sit and color for a few minutes then stand up run around with it in his hand like a stick then sit down again and color and then do it all over again.I have not always been a huge croc fan. They are not the best looking shoes BUT they are cheap (the knock offs) at walmart for 6.00 bucks! Kason is able to get them on and off by himself and they are water proof and keep his feet cool when its warm outside. Its all about easy on and off!
There are a few more things that i just love, but to be totally honest can't think of them! lol
anywho so there you have it!!
things we love.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Don't feel bad about the leash! I swore I would never do it, but now I have 3... ages 3, 2, and 1. You'd better believe that there were times that the 3-year old and 2-year old were on leashes! But they are much better at staying close now. But yeah... airport trip when they were 2 1/2 and 18 months?!?!? LEASHES! You'd better believe it! :) We have the dog and the monkey.

Jamie said...

After you told me about those snack cups when I was in Lacey I went out and bought some the next day. They are the most amazing things ever!

Jessi B. said...

Ok so I felt a little silly putting a leash on your son cause I hate the looks of a kid on a leash but I admit it's a good thing. Plus with his little monkey on his back he's so flippin cute and he got so many awww's when we were chillin together. :)